Director of PR, Editorial
. Los Angeles, CA 90014
Title: Director of PR, Editorial
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Company: Digital + VIP Fashion PR Agency
- Conducting editorial outreach to connect the firm's brands with key editors and media outlets for press coverage.
- Secure strategic press coverage (features as well as product placement) in national and key regional magazines, newspapers, TV and online media outlets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with fashion directors, fashion market editors, fashion news editors and relevant fashion stylists for editorial shoots.
- Exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to the media, clients, agency principals and colleagues.
- Develop and execute communication strategies and conduct press outreach to appropriately position a range of fashion brands in the marketplace.
- Plan, develop and advise clients on integrated and measurable PR strategies.
- Multi-task across multiple client accounts and projects under deadline.
- Ensure that key milestones and projects are on track, within prescribed timelines and budgets.
- Managing and organize client samples ensuring requests are fulfilled, delivered and tracked.
- Create, maintain and timely distribute editorial reports, press clippings and trackers.
- Generate creative ideas and solutions to everyday problems and challenges.
- Take ownership for specific projects without supervision.
- Interface with clients regularly via client calls and in-person meetings.
- Oversee all editorial media monitoring.
- Daily account management duties including sample send-outs, updating contact lists, developing recaps and agendas, and preparing weekly and monthly reports
- Contributing to team brainstorms, offer new and unique ways to engage with the press to create larger brand stories for clients.
- Manage the editorial team, providing support to other team members and stepping in to train and teach fellow colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in journalism, marketing, communications or some related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience within fashion PR - must have agency experience.
- Strong editorial contacts and knowledge of the fashion and lifestyle industry.
- Possess a natural ability to engage clients both personally and professionally and lead client calls and in-person meetings.
- Demonstrate the desire to introduce clients to potential new strategies and solutions that will positively impact their business.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- High energy, positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- The ability to work well with others and thrive within a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in a quick, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to think creatively and help contribute to client event strategies.
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 with bonus potential + benefits!