Director of Merchandising
. New York, NY 90210
Company Description: emerging streetwear brand
Location: New York, NY
- Work closely and partner with Design, Product Development, and Production teams.
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to determine release date and launch strategy for all merchandise releases.
- Establish release line plans backed by set financial goal.
- Brief and collaborate with Buying team on assortment to ensure financial goals are met.
- Align with CEO on framework regarding financial goals.
- Present line plan needs to Design.
- Collaborate with Design and the CEO on concept and sketches to interject selling statistics to financial decisions are made.
- Attend and oversee all merchandise model fittings.
- Communicate proto costs, target retail price, and current margins.
- Communicate changes to the assortment to Buying team.
- Establish target retails and target costing for the Product Development team.
- Communicate assortment details to Strategy and Planning teams.
- Maintain, update, and communicate all assortment changes to internal teams.
- Collaborate with Product Development on costing restraints and challenges.
- Collaborate with the Buying team on finalized units per delivery.
- Finalize sign off with CEO on all sourcing and purchase orders.
- Confirm all set merchandise retail prices.
- Generate and communicate all linesheets for all corresponding departments.
- Generate and communicate product knowledge reports.
- Connect with the Director or Retail and in-store staff to ensure product knowledge is communicated well and easily available.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Min. 8+ years of merchandising and/or buying experience within men's contemporary ideally within the streetwear, advanced contemporary, or luxury space.
- Previous experience managing and leading a team is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative, self-starter who possesses excellent prioritization and project management skills with a strong sense of organization and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- A positive go-getter and team player, who can work independently with the ability to troubleshoot within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Results driven, ability to multitask in fast paced cross-functional environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Preferred experience in Adobe Illustrator.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Product Allowance + Employee Discounts