Director of Marketing
37 W 20th St suite 1001 New York, NY 10010
Title: Director of Marketing
Location: New York, New York
Company: Rapidly growing, skincare focused startup
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing brand-elevating and customer-relevant marketing strategies that drive profitable business growth and ultimately build loyalty and brand equity for our start-up beauty environment. The Director of Marketing position focuses on driving innovation across all channels and will conduct overall management of the brand and marketing efforts.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies for key product launches, seasonal moments and local marketing efforts
- Incorporate leaderships' long-term vision, strategic business priorities, key insights and past learnings into compelling multi-platform campaigns
- Secure alignment and support from key leaders, marketing team and cross-functional partners
- Lead the implementation of various marketing programs designed to drive traffic, volume and profit to stores and site; anticipate and resolve potential problems/issues
- Manage project plans and deadlines to achieve all marketing objectives on time and within established budgets. Spearhead product development projects.
- Develop and ensure execution of strategic marketing plans to build profitability and grow market share; identify and design business strategies to accomplish brand goals.
- Conduct marketing research, follow up on campaigns and launches and provide regular quantitative and qualitative reports
- Manage forecasts and stock inventory for retail and promotional activities
- Prepare and deliver oral & written presentations to retail and manufacturers teams
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required
- 7-8 years’ experience brand management and/or Marketing within consumer packaged goods, preferably with beauty industry-related experience. Skincare experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and take complete ownership of projects
- Must be a self-starter with project management skills and a proactive approach to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead cross functionally and build relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills combined with a high level of creativity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to personally set priorities and motivate others
- Must possess excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint