Director of Logistics + Operations
. Los Angeles, CA 90069
Company Description: startup DTC e-commerce fashion company
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Liaise with freight forwarders, 3PL's, and other external partners to guarantee the timely arrival and accurate inventory.
- Oversee and optimize all shipping, receiving, and return processing.
- Negotiate contracts with 3PL and small parcel carriers to ensure small parcel rates meet the highest service levels at the lowest cost.
- Establish processes for performance tracking, goal monitoring, and forecasting regarding inbound shipments.
- Establish SLA and goals for fulfillment including speed, accuracy, processing time, and compliance.
- Proactively communicate operational changes and limitations to leadership to enable quick decision making in other departments.
- Implement systems and automation to find scalability and efficiency in operational tasks.
- Manage order flow at all 3PL to ensure orders are being prioritized, exceptions managed in advance, and orders keep flowing to meet customer requested delivery dates.
- Liaise with customs consultants regarding landed cost tracker, item classification, and customs strategies.
- Generate and maintain a master catalog of products each season, including the creation of SKU's and UPC's.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain, or a related field.
- Min. of 8-12+ years of experience working in supply chain and logistics preferably managing 3PL's.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics P&L budgeting and management skills
- Clear and succinct communication skills, effective for all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional in MS office including the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Knowledge of customs practices, incoterms, and transport modes (intermodal, sea, air, truck).
- Knowledge of small parcel shipping methods, LTL, last mile, etc.
- Excellent problem solver
- Competitive Salary Base
- Performance Bonus
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan + Matching %
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Generous Paid Company Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Discounts