Title of Job: Director of Learning & Development/Training
Company Description: Global accessories company
The Director of Learning & Development/Training is responsible for cultivating and implementing high-impact people management and learning strategies to drive strong business performance. The Director will partner with corporate and field sales populations to evolve and scale learning and training solutions and development programs. In addition, you will lead performance management and people review and succession planning.
- Lead Learning and Development and Training function aligned with the business strategy and talent objectives.
- Design and develop programs using a variety of delivery methods; classroom, e-learning, webinars that are results-driven, creative and innovative. Areas of focus;
- Leadership Development
- Professional Skills
- Sales Training
- Develop and implement people management processes and build capability models to leverage within people lifecycle: on-boarding, promotion, retention, performance management, talent review and succession.
- Drive talent review & succession planning including identification, engagement and growth strategies of high potential and emerging talent. Build tools, processes and communication plans that support these tasks.
- Evolve and scale learning framework, and develop skills and capabilities to address gaps and align with business growth strategy including management & leadership development for multiple employee audiences.
- Lead and implement a performance management process in alignment with Global Learning partners.
- Partner within the Human Resources Business Partner team to assess and develop learning approaches to meet specific division or functional needs including leadership coaching and external offerings.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of all training programs and implements changes as necessary to elevate the level and success of all training initiatives.
- Responsible for training resource allocation including creating and managing the training budget.
- Implements communication strategies to raise awareness and promote learning and development opportunities.
- Actively participates in various HR initiatives and projects in support of company's HR programs
- 8+ years in Talent Management, Leadership Development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in areas such as Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Communications
- Subject matter expert understanding learning and development solution and competency application
- Experience building strategy and programs from the ground up
- Coaching certification and experience facilitating a variety of assessment and personality tools and methods
- Must be able to flex between hands-on and strategic operating
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Travel required up to 25%.