Director of Engineering, Platform
Fisherman's Wharf area San Francisco, California 94133
Title of Job: Director of Platform
Company Description: Ecommerce tech platform
Location: San Francisco
As the Director of Platform you will be responsible for ensuring that the platform systems, components, and APIs are created and managed using strong agile development principles, leading edge technologies, and a strong customer mindset.
We are a growth company which will require you to ensure that the platform can scale for our needs today and over the next several years. Your ability to help create scalable architectures and operational environments is critical.
You will lead an exceptional organization of highly capable engineers and will develop and grow the organization according to the needs of the business. This is a highly visible and hands-on leadership role.
This position is based in the San Francisco HQ and reports to the CTO.
- B.S degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ruby on Rails experience
- SOA/microservices experience
- Provide technical/software development leadership and architectural guidance.
- Lead the growth and development of an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Create and maintain APIs for the rest of the engineering organization
- Work closely with product management to deliver on roadmap initiatives
These will set you apart:
- Elixir experience
- eCommerce experience
- Kafka experience or similar technologies
- Experience with WMS/OMS integrations
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- A competitive salary.
- Exceptional Stock options
- 401k with generous company match.
-Standing desk standard, with high-performance Mac or Windows laptop, external monitors and anything else you might need to do your work.
- Beautiful workspace with landscape views of the bay.