Director of Engineering, Buyer Products
55 Francisco St. San Francisco, California 94133
Title of Job: Director of Engineering, Buyer Web
Company Description: Ecommerce platform
Location: San Francisco
Our large SF based tech ecommerce client is looking for a Director of Engineering to be a major contributor to their e-commerce front end website, iOS apps & Android apps. The ideal person role will own critical systems throughout the platform while being responsible for their team’s performance, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CTO.
- Develop new features throughout the ecommerce platform, while maintaining and enhancing existing behavior.
- Manage all Buyer Product Scrum teams
- Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software.
- Mentor other team members to build the company's overall expertise in software development.
-Work to make the company and platform an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day.
- A degree in computer science/engineering
- 5+ years of software development with Ruby on Rails
- Fluency in Ruby. Includes familiarity with corresponding meta-programming features.
- Experience writing applications using Test Driven Development with RSpec.
- Experience building real-world Rails applications. Understands corresponding Rails conventions for code organization, deployment, etc.
- Advocate that automated testing is essential to build out robust, supportable software, including a commitment to making automated testing part of the application development process.
- Familiarity/knowledge of asynchronous message queues as well as worker frameworks (e.g. Sidekiq, Resque, etc.) and how they are utilized within web applications. Ideal experience using such a framework in one or more real world web applications.
- High degree of familiarity with SQL databases, including data modeling in SQL. Includes use of indices to improve query performance and the use of transactions in order to maintain data integrity.
- Practical experience with REST JSON and/or GraphQL APIs, and an understanding of how to build applications that serve and consume these sorts of APIs.
- Expertise in working with cloud systems, specifically for application hosting, file storage, and other related concerns.
- Integration experience with 3rd party services. Includes social apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and communication services such as Twilio, Sendgrid, etc. to name a few.
- Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm.
- A passion for building great products.
NICE TO HAVES:
- E-commerce experience
- Experience working with Elixir or the Phoenix framework