Director of Ecommerce
108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: Director of eCommerce
Company: Women’s Clothing and Accessories Designer
Location: New York City
You will oversee the eCommerce strategy, Sales and P&L as well as direct day to day online operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team on all aspects of eCommerce; effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Identify, recommend and execute strategies and initiatives to drive significant increased website traffic, conversion rates, revenue and profitability leveraging analytics and A/B site and email testing.
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives, pushing the business forward to exceed financial targets.
- Build seasonal eCommerce strategies and ensure all projects support the brand strategies, lead the business analysis of all programs and make changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Create, manage and optimize the advertising & promotions budget. Manage and work with digital advertising agency, vendors and 3rd party partners. Execute all legal elements – negotiations, contracts, etc.
- Manage site maintenance plan and budget; work with in-house team and external vendors to achieve plan and brand goals. Identify opportunities and prioritize work flow for the maximum impact on business growth.
- Identify, test and execute best in class online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
- Partner with the design, planning and marketing teams to develop and execute business driving eCommerce strategies.
- Oversee total ecommerce P&L; partner with Planner and Buyer on ROF to achieve top and bottom line results. Develop the financial plan and expense budget that supports the business goals.
- Oversee budget for key programs (program development and implementation, promotions, email and marketing, search and affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
- Provide analysis of key business metrics and site performance; evaluate ROI with key stakeholders to share learnings and present go forward strategy to drive business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ of years of fashion experience
- MUST HAVE advanced contemporary or luxury/premium experience
- Must be a creative analytical thinker and be able to problem solve, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality, key retail programs and seamlessly ensure site operations are fully functional.
- Must have experience with evaluating and migrating platforms.
- Excel in strategy and planning skills, budget and P/L management.
- Strong experience in Google analytics, MS Office suite, Social Media Platforms, Magento or Shopify.
- Experience in the Ecommerce business with proven success managing people and delivering business goals.