Title: Director of Ecommerce Operations
Location: Midtown NYC
Company: Women first advanced contemporary brands.
**we actually have 2 roles that are VERY similar in responsibilities and salary range **
- We need someone who has managed small Ecommerce business with small teams. (Sub 20M in revenue)
- Someone who has managed the P&L
- Very analytical
- Eager to drive the business, and entrepreneurial enough in spirit to be comfortable building the Ecom business’s that are fairly new (not that much history to go off of her so they have to be pulling knowledge from past experiences.
- Worked with Digital Marketing Agencies to build strategies and scale businesses
- Someone who has re platformed before is preferable.
- NOT a buyer OR digital marketing!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- A key component of this role is developing and managing the brands website merchandising strategy, future site enhancements, and the education and acquisition of new buyers resulting in the goal of successfully driving lifetime value with customers and sales growth.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team on all aspects of the brands eCommerce, effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Identify, recommend and execute strategies and initiatives to drive significant increased website traffic, conversion rates, revenue and profitability leveraging analytics and A/B site and email testing.
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives, pushing the business forward to exceed financial targets.
- Build seasonal eCommerce strategies and ensure all projects support the brand strategies, lead the business analysis of all programs and make changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Create, manage and optimize the advertising & promotions budget. Manage and work with digital advertising agency, vendors and 3rd party partners. Execute all legal elements – negotiations, contracts, etc.
- Manage site maintenance plan and budget; work with in-house team and external vendors to achieve plan and brand goals. Identify opportunities and prioritize work flow for the maximum impact on business growth.
- Identify, test and execute best in class online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
- Partner with the design, planning and marketing teams to develop and execute business driving eCommerce strategies.
- Support the marketing team in the development of email strategies that drive revenue, consumer engagement, retention and support brand marketing goals.
- Recognize key business opportunities. Partner with Buyer to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches.
- Partner with the Director of Brand Marketing to develop a seasonal online marketing calendar that link sales and marketing initiatives across eCommerce channels, approve email segmentation.
- Responsible for SEM, SEO, Affiliate, and re-messaging campaigns. Work with marketing team to identity and leverage email best practices, develop A/B test strategy and develop triggered email initiatives as well as develop and support digital marketing.
- Oversee total ecommerce P&L; partner with Planner and Buyer on ROF to achieve top and bottom line results. Develop the financial plan and expense budget that supports the business goals.
- Oversee budget for key programs (program development and implementation, promotions, email and marketing, search and affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
- Partner with Buyer to manage daily sales report and monthly sales forecast.
- Provide analysis of key business metrics and site performance; evaluate ROI with key stakeholders to share learnings and present go forward strategy to drive business.
- Must be a creative analytical thinker and be able to problem solve, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality, key retail programs and seamlessly ensure site operations are fully functional. Must have experience with evaluating and migrating platforms.
- Excel in strategy and planning skills, budget and P/L management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- Strong experience in Google analytics, MS Office suite, Social Media Platforms, Magento or Shopify.
- 8+ years of experience in the Ecommerce business with proven success managing people and delivering business goals.