Director of Data Science Engineering
55 Francisco St. 6th Floor San Francisco, CA 94133
Title of Job: Director of Data Science Engineering
Company Description: Ecommerce tech platform
Location: San Francisco
Our SF based tech ecommerce client is looking for a Director of Data Science Engineering to drive automation, personalization, and data pipeline initiatives. The person in this role will own critical systems throughout the platform and be responsible for their teams performance, adding new, valuable features, and ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CTO.
- Manage all Data Scientists
- Own Data pipelines
- Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product requirements for the company's software.
- Mentor team members to build the company's overall expertise in Data engineering
- Work to make the platform an innovator in the space by bringing passion and new ideas to work every day.
- A degree in computer science or similarly technical
- 5+ years of Machine Learning
- 5+ years of Data Science and Data Engineering experience
- Fluency in the Python language
- High degree of familiarity with:
- SQL databases
- Computer Vision
- Expertise in working with cloud systems, specifically for application hosting, file storage, and other related concerns.
- Experience working with data warehouses such as AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery
- Comfortable working in an environment where innovation and change are the norm.
- A passion for building great products.
NICE TO HAVES
- E-commerce experience