Director of Care Management
. Apple Valley, CA 92307
Title: Director of Care Management
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Shift: Day Time
- Responsible for the strategic planning, development, administration, and operations of Care Management and Social Services for the hospital along with the Transitions of Care for patients.
- Manage oversight for all aspects of daily operations to enable long-term and short-term goals to be achieved in a manner that is consistent with the mission values and strategic goals of the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining integration between the departments within the hospital as well as across the continuum.
- Accountable for achieving established performance targets through actively engaging multiple disciplines and professional staff with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Dynamic leader, able to navigate a complex environment, with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong project management with operations experience.
- Ability to effectively interact and establish immediate credibility with all levels of management, physicians, caregivers, patients, and community leaders.
- Effective influencing, negotiation, relationship building, and communication skills are essential.
- Effective caregiver management skills.
- Possess strong leadership, critical thinking and motivational skills/abilities.
- Ability to build consensus across organizational lines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure due to changes in priorities.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions which managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed activities.
- Ability to work effectively and establish and promote positive relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Min. 6-8 years of clinical operational leadership experience that provided the opportunity to manage a variety of patient care services in a complex healthcare environment, 5 or more years Director/Manager level experience in Case Management Prefer experience in a variety of healthcare settings, from acute care inpatient facilities to Outpatient clinics.
License + Certification Requirements:
- Current California RN License by evidence of Primary Source Verification
- Current BLS and other certifications and training specific to unit requirements
- Case Management and Clinical Management training and experience required with CCM certification preferred
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays