Title: Director/VP of Production
Location: Los Angeles, CA (open to this person working in NYC as long as they are ok with extensive travel)
Seeking a Director/VP of Production with 10+ years of better contemporary experience. MUST be currently working with women's apparel and MUST have international factory relationships.(outside of China)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for time and action calendar for all stages from design to finished products to ensure timely deliveries for each season
- Develop and coordinate companies manufacturing agents and directs factory sourcing.
- Forecast future production projections to book factory and fabric mill capacity
- Collaborates with design and development to assess product prototypes during development and assess viability for production.
- Responsible for all detailed costing for the collection from proto stage thru to Production achieving to target margins.
- Analyze profit margins to set goals for upcoming seasons to increase profitability
- Develops development & production procedures to be followed by both our staff and our factories/agents.
- Work closely with Product Development and Design team at proto stages on any potential issues that will affect overall margins in addition to counter sourcing needs early in development
- Negotiates terms and discusses payment with factories.
- Develop overall strategy and projections with sales, and design to forecast needs
- Daily communication and follow up with all overseas factories to ultimately maintain timely delivery
- Maintain department budget
- Supervises development & technical design
- Manage technical design department on construction changes and overall quality consistency ensuring timeline is kept on track