Director/Senior Director, Strategy
200 E Randolph Street, 64th Floor Chicago, Illinois 60601
Company: Award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing.
Title: Director of Strategy
Location: Chicago, IL
- Know how cultural trends affect a category/brand and consult clients on them.
- Lead analysis of culture, consumer, competitive, corporate, and communication areas for given projects.
- Conduct and oversee secondary research (provide direction to gather, distill and summarize insights; lead when necessary).
- Oversee data analysis (from quant-based databases, like MRI)
- Determine which insights should be woven into a strategic narrative Primary research involvement
- Lead/consult on all primary research initiatives, ensuring methodology matches research objectives.
- Push to include more primary research, when necessary.
- Oversee relationship between agency and research department or vendor, when appropriate.
- Push for new and creative methodologies, as appropriate.
- Key team member, present during research, that provides on-the-fly guidance and suggestions on any changes that need to be made.
- Oversee/author agency-led research reports.
- Consult on external reports.
- Oversee development/write and gain approval of creative briefs from key stakeholders (internally or with client).
- Lead development/execution of ideation sessions, including moderating and/or conducting upfront briefing of one/more areas.
- Write strategic narrative; collaborate with account teams to ensure seamless story.
- Determine if campaigns met goals; consult on course corrections, as necessary.
- Lead or collaborate on strategic approach / creative briefs for business development opportunities, with current or prospective clients
- At least 5 years of experience working as a highly creative (and effective) strategist
- Bachelor’s degree
- A diverse array of experience across multiple brand categories
- A deep understanding of what it takes to drive people to action, and ultimately create a movement
- A portfolio of brilliant insights leading to effective consumer-facing campaigns
- Enthusiasm for driving creative ideas that push boundaries and shape culture
- Client-side experience and/or experience working with clients in an interagency dynamic
- A finger on the pulse of media, news, and trending topics