Diamond and Stone Temp
New York New York, NY 10018
Title of Job: Diamond and Stone Setter Temp
Company Description: Luxury Jewelry Brand
Location: Pelham NY
Start Date: ASAP
• Set diamonds and color stones using pave, burnishing, bead, channel, fancy prong, cut-down and bright cut setting techniques.
• Inspect mountings 100% prior to setting and review work after setting completion.
• Collaborate with the Jeweler or CAD designer/technician on stone placement, layouts in metal for selected new products. Recommend setting techniques and technical solutions that should be adopted by the craftsmen in higher volume production.
• Count and record individual daily production results, verify accuracy of work orders, reconcile all stones used in work orders, and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
• Verify the accuracy of work orders in terms of but not limited to: tracking location, CODC if applicable, high value components.
• Immediately notify manager of any discrepancies.
• Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Setters as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor.
• High School Diploma.
• 10+ years’ diamond and colored stone setting experience – preferably working with high end and/or one-of-a-kind jewelry.
• Demonstrated Knowledge/experience of a Laser Welder Machine.
• Extensive experience working with diverse materials (e.g., platinum, yellow gold, white gold) and gemstones/diamonds
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers and multiple staff levels.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
• Professional work ethic demonstrative of exceptional customer service, compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, security; attendance.
• Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and willing to change responsibilities within the department as needed by the business.
• Technical understanding of polishing and jewelry manufacturing techniques.
• Significant experience with performing and troubleshooting setting repairs.
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or modified work schedules as needed by the business.
Preferred Qualifications: • Gemological Certification (Diamond and Colored Gemstones)
• Proficiency using MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Jewelry/Manufacturing industry experience.