231 W 39th st New York, NY 10018
Responsible for setting seasonal creative direction by researching and communicating trends in styling, fabric and color and execution of these styles. Ensure that overall quality of work produced is within cost parameters and meet needs of the target customer.
- Responsible for trend and market research through travel, shopping and on-line research
- Help identify and confirm all fabric and colors for each season, in line with Merchandising price point parameters
- Support and perform all fabric, trim and lab dip approvals
- Create and sketch all seasonal styles, representing trends and covering Merchandising/Sales needs.
- Upkeep of all Spec packages (TP) from prototype to production phase.
- Responsible for all fittings, comments and pattern work
- Review all styles for final fit approval throughout the sampling process.
- Keep accurate and up to date development recaps for fabric, prototype and sales sample requests, photo shoot sample request, etc.
- Work closely with other team members (fit tech, merchandising, sales) to ensure all information is communicated efficiently and effectively
- Perform Initial set up of Line List information for set up; Assist with updates as needed
- Maintain the organization of design room, competitor racks and sample library racks in conjunction with Merchandising
- Perform sales sample preparation and distribution to Sales Representatives each season; Also help in maintaining tracking of sample ordering and shipping.
- Review and approve all charges from agents for samples.
- Work with Sales and Merchandising to achieve pyramid structure and balance of basic, fashion and trend styles within prescribed line size.
- Analyze seasonal bookings and annual sales, provide competitive pricing/shopping analyzes and competitive reports.
- The above duties, tasks and responsibilities may differ and other duties, as assigned, may be part of this job.
- Strong creative abilities
- Ability to work without supervision and to make appropriate decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and have strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, manage deadlines, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with a sense of urgency
- Strong administrative skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to travel as necessary for both market research and style development
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in women’s denim merchandising and design
- Strong administration, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- High level of comfort working with and learning a variety of computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word/Excel,email, PLM etc.)
- Knowledge of pattern, garment construction and product development required