1407 Broadway 3rd Floor New York, NY 10018
Company: Well known, reputable footwear brand
Location: New York, New York
Title: Design Director
- Responsible for development and design of line(s), detail spec sheets for prototypes, lots and confirmations from concept to final execution.
- Track development of confirmations and update spec sheets as needed.
- Maintain and update line sheets, material recaps and sample requests.
- Coordinate with overseas office, ordering materials, approving materials and supervising sample lot production
- Select colors, materials, linings and ornamentation for individual styles.
- Responsible for prototype corrections, correcting ornaments, correcting colors/leathers.
- Overseas travel to conduct technical corrections to last and constructions from first prototype to confirmation and approval samples.
- Work with technicians to make confirmation base corrections.
- Maintain knowledge of fashion trends, shop market, attend trend meetings and leather shows.
- Work with design team to create moods for the season (color palettes, prints, materials etc.)
- Prepare design presentations and present line to buyers.
- Min 5 Years Experience within contemporary, trend driven footwear brands
- Sketching abilities mandatory