Critical Care Nurse
. Apple Valley, CA 92307
Title: Registered Nurse
Unit: Critical Care
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Apple Valley, CA
- Provide collaborative and comprehensive care based on patient and/or family needs.
- Implement and evaluate care delivery based on predicted outcomes while anticipating potential responses and provides assessment, treatment, and care throughout the hospital and outlying clinics.
- Practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and, hospital policies.
- Consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the organization and the hospital's mission statement.
- Work independently under limited supervision directly reporting to the Unit Nurse Supervisor and Director.
- Demonstrate competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees.
- Demonstrate competence in communication and interpersonal relations as guided in our company handbook.
- Demonstrate competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
- Demonstrate competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
- Demonstrate competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning, and action.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possess the ability to respond to specific issues and data reflective of patient’s status.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary population of patients served in the department - Neonate (birth–28 days), Infant (28 days–1 year), Child (1-12 years), Adolescent (13-18 years), Adult (18-64 years), and Geriatrics (65 years–death)
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or required work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or; on path to obtain Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field.
- Min. of 2 years in a hospital environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic nursing and unit specific equipment.
- Demonstrates competencies in IV initiation and management.
- License / Certification Current California Registered Nurse License by evidence of Primary Source Verification
- Current BLS and other certifications and training specific to unit requirements
- Competitive Hourly Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays