900 S. Pavillion Center Drive Las Vegas, NV 89144
Title: Creative Director
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Summary: The Creative Director (CD) is responsible for the overall supervision of the agency’s creative product. The CD interfaces between the client, the account services team and the Creative Department. The CD plays a critical role in developing the work from the minute a project makes itself known: able to provide insight on media and more importantly overall strategy.
- Concepts ideas in all mediums and channels
- Works in tandem with any and all team members
- Leads the written of any execution without being limited to the copy side - have a perspective on visuals, design, look, feel.
- Attends and oversee production when necessary.
- Provides feedback and guidance to members of the team.
- Delivers multiple concepts for any assignment before narrowing a focus.
- Manages the creative and production teams’ day-to-day operations.
- Represents the agency at functions.
- Directs the creative product at the agency and strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule.
- Works closely with Account Services to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed advertising and collateral materials that help sell product and maintain good image for the clients and agency.
- Manages the creative team and has oversight on selection and management of all freelance services.
- Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements.
- Oversees creative solutions and presents those to Account Leader for internal approval at a date determined in the initial creative input meeting.
- Directs comp work to assure on schedule delivery for client review.
- Is called on request of account leader or by request to sell creative at client presentations.
- Interviews and screens applicants for creative positions as well as hiring and termination.
- Reviews project workload daily.
- Attends and participates in creative internal reviews before forwarding through agency. Checks final art before releasing through Production Managers to vendors.
- Ensures purchase orders are accurate and verified.
- Stay immersed in current industry trends and pop culture in general.
- Find ways to be creative outside of assigned work.
- As a leader of the department, sets examples through work, behavior, effort and attitude.
- Understands and abides by the agency’s business practices and philosophies
- Understand that an idea is just the beginning that can and should be improved upon at every opportunity until the deadline. In other words, understand the importance of craft.
- Understand the difference between being on-brand and on-strategy and the importance of both.
- Expert at presenting ideas in all group sizes, both internally and client facing.
- Assists team members as needed.
- Be able to work and think in complete ideas without the aid of a partner at times.
- Seek out opportunities to go beyond merely creating work to beginning to manage projects and relationships.
- Be a voice not just for the creative department but for the agency.
Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or related field, graduation from a school specializing in the creative process or equivalent experiences. Minimum ten (10) years in an agency environment preferred. Effective interpersonal skills.