Cost Accounting Manager
731 Spring Street Suite 500 San Francisco, CA 90018
Company: Direct-to-Consumer Jewelry Company
Role: Cost Accountant
Location: San Francisco
Type: Direct Hire / Full Time Employment
Compensation: Competitive + Equity + Unlimited PTO + Lot's of Perks!
Description: Our client, a fast growing and innovative, direct-to-consumer jewelry company, has an amazing opportunity for a rock star Cost Accountant who is detailed oriented, organized, and is excited about improving business processes. This role will be responsible for the overall financial management of inventory for the company which involves the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracking costs back to underlying activities. Responsibilities will involve defining and maintaining cost accounting systems, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required
- 3 - 5 years cost accounting or similar experience
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate advanced MS Office knowledge (focus on MS Excel and MS Access)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Ability to develop, improve, document and follow processes
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to take on projects from idea through completion
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understands the team concept and has a strong desire to be a contributing teammate
- Working knowledge of Oracle is desirable.
- Integrity and ethics that are beyond reproach