. New York, NY 10012
Title: Cost Accountant
Company Description: Women's Luxury Designer Brand
Location: New York, NY
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases and inventory and labor costs.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results.
- Working with Production to analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, and services provided to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard estimated costs to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports and accrue for any known missing costs.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Reconcile inter-company purchases and sales.
- Assist in month end close of the General Ledger including making accruals, review of inventory/cost related accounts, gross margin reports, and analysis, etc.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Min. 3+ years of cost accounting in a wholesale or retail environment.
- Must have a strong cost systems background, have excellent analytical skills, and sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic AX 2009 and RLM a plus!
Compensation Package: depending on experience - $60,000 - $70,000 with benefits!