Job Title: Controller
Company Description: Global Footwear and Accessories Company
Location: Venice, CA
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget. Presentation of the results and the analysis to the Finance Director and President to help the business to make decisions.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts to the matrix company in Brazil.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Represent the company externally, government agencies, external companies, and the general public.
- Ensure transfer price policy is followed
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
Capabilities (Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities including Technical Requirements)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through a Degree in Finance or Accounting,
- At least 7 years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position, with people management responsibility
- Knowledge of ERP´s mainly SAP and applications of Data Bases
- Portuguese is a plus
- High level user of Excel
- Accustomed to work in a multinational environment and with consumer products
- Inventory and wholesale experience a must. Experience within footwear/fashion/apparel/accessories/cosmetics preferred.
- Managerial skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Team working spirit.
- Organizational Skills.
- Capacity to adapt to changes.
- Accustomed to work under pressure