. New York, NY 10010
Company Description: women's ready-to-wear + accessories brand
Location: New York, NY
- Oversee the management of day-to-day accounting responsibilities including the management of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Ensure all client deposits are made.
- Prepare weekly cash disbursements to pay client expenses, in accordance with the company’s budget.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Cash flow planning and management.
- Create accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal leadership team, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Set and manage annual and monthly revenue forecasts and sales forecasts.
- Compare performance actuals with plan forecasts and strategically interpret results.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll using JustWorks.
- Prepare quarterly sales tax reconciliation.
- Work with the Logistics + Shipping department on collecting payment from clients that are not on payment terms with the company.
- Oversee inventory controls of aged and current products on-hand.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Min. of 5+ years of accounting and finance experience; controller experience is a plus!
- Experience in fashion wholesale and/or e-commerce preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Database experience (MS Access, Shopify, Merchant Services, and Salesforce Shopify and other merchant services) preferred.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of a P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
- Strong communication skills capable of translating complex concepts to team members of all levels and tying financials to company strategy.
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- Problem solver with the ability to think both strategically and execute tactically.
- Good listener and can think on your feet to provide solutions.
Compensation Package + Perks:
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan + 4% Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Clothing Allowance
- Employee Discounts
- Excellent Corporate Culture