. New York, NY N/A
Company Description: leading financial services trading firm
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to: CFO
- Manage payroll processing and administrative duties including the management of ADP Workforce Now, time & attendance, new employee set-up, payroll audits, payroll tax reporting, and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all accounting reports and financials including FOCUS filings.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations and bookkeeping.
- Prepare and submit wire requests as needed and travel & entertainment expense oversight and accounting.
- Ensure the firm is in regulatory compliance with net capital requirements.
- Able to develop and maintain concrete accounting policies, processes, and systems to ensure optimal controls for the company.
- Oversee the monthly close of the company books, the general ledger, and reporting of financial results.
- Prepare weekly and monthly management financial health reports which will include, revenue/expenses as well as financial comments with recommendations.
- Experience creating projections, rolling revenue calculations, and Pro-Formas.
- Handle treasury functions for the firm and affiliates.
- Coordinate audits and the establishment and improvement of accounting policies which will include the development of efficient and effective processes that also support key areas of the business as well as internal controls.
- Work with upper management in identifying and resolving business development-related financial issues and suggesting procedure changes as necessary.
- Manage account payables & account receivables accounting and expense allocations.
- Manage new and existing banking relationships and administration.
- Gather data for all tax filings and annual audit support.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Series 27 required.
- Min. of 6+ years accounting experience with previous experience in accounting function at a broker dealer, clearing firm, or financial services firm.
- Experience as a broker-dealer FINOP professional.
- QuickBooks or equivalent accounting platforms and advanced Excel skills required.
- CPA preferred.
- Prior payroll experience preferred.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus!
- Understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures, and controls.
- Strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and prioritization capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to change.
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Performance Bonus
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays