Content/Social Media Manager
588 Broadway, Suite 1203 New York, New York 10012
Title: Content/Social Media Manager
Company: Fashion e-commerce company
Location: New York
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Assist the Merchandising and Marketing Director in the daily operations and related digital platforms.
- Work to achieve department goals through coordinating content production and syndication across social platforms, managing digital community participation, creating influencer programs and developing the brand voice across all channels in an innovative and strategic fashion.
- Manage all social mediate outlets, drive acquisition and engagement through new and innovative content, including company blog.
- Manage all content including; pitching, assigning, writing/editing and other copy related to brand initiatives.
- Continuously refine editorial process for efficiency
- Write/edit marketing copy for internal and external promotions including PR copy as needed
- Spearhead the creation of social media initiatives designed to drive buzz and member growth
- Monitor web traffic and analyze
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a digital publishing environment with a proven ability to generate original ideas and develop successful online content
- Ability to write insightful, engaging, and informative copy on tight deadlines
- MS Word, Excel, and WordPress. Basic image editing skills – Adobe Photoshop and /or other image editing software
- Basic HTML and knowledge of various web content management systems
- Strong interest in fashion, eCommerce, website technologies and analytic tools
- Passion for and knowledge of fashion and style—its key players, current trends, and history
- Keen eye for detail, proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- A knack for writing great display copy, as well as knowledge of SEO best practices
- Entrepreneurial spirit, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and the ability to thrive in an ever-evolving environment
- Strong familiarity with web publishing and social media tools and technologies
- Must have an active personal social media presence - early adaptors encouraged