Clinical Nurse Specialist
. Oakland, CA 94501
Title: Clinical Nurse Specialist
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Oakland, CA
Shift: Day Time
- Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (eg., pediatrics, PICU, oncology).
- Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population.
- Provides advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research, and administration.
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice.
- Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients and families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation.
- Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
- Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques and innovation based on advanced practice trends.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
- Defines and implements best nursing practices.
- Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
- Accesses portal to evaluate the quality of care provided, to manage clinical operations, monitor quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of documentation.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to - psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master's and/or post master's nursing academic program.
- Min. 3+ years of experience in area of clinical specialty required.
License + Certification Requirements:
- Current California RN License by date of hire.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.
- May require a National Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire
License + Certifications Preferred:
- May require a National Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire.
- ACLS or PALS certification preferred.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays
- Additional Benefits