Category Manager, Ecom
650 Liberty Ave. Union, New Jersey 07083
The Ecommerce Category Manager provides the merchant vision with respect to the online merchandising of the company’s websites. This individual will have the responsibility to manage assortment, marketing and directly oversee the on-line merchandising of the company’s websites.
•Understand current trends, opportunities, assortment, competition and buyers vision by category of business and use this knowledge to properly assort, merchandise and market product online;
• Identify unique, underdeveloped , emerging or new, products or categories, based on statistical analysis, competitive landscape, customer feedback, web analytics. Communicate to and work with company merchants to execute opportunities;
• Work closely with various departments within the company to ensure that all consumer touch points and messaging are working and measured harmoniously;
• Position and present products within the online store in ways that exceed expectations such as conversion, average order size, average order value, customer service demand and are additive to the overall brand positioning;
• Work closely with digital marketing team to provide merchandising vision to email, search and social campaigns;
• Work with the analytics team to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to evaluate and improve future performance;
• Partner with the Digital Content team to develop merchandising calendar for website home and landing Pages, navigation, special initiatives, item image, copy strategy, etc.;
• Execute on-going competitive analysis as well as recommended strategies and tactics to improve our value equation to the customer;
• Assist in continually optimizing the purchase and product interaction paths;
• Ensure the accuracy and timelines of all product launches, marketing campaigns and other customer interaction;
• Provides leadership and individual developmental growth to associate and/or assistant merchandisers in the department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (or comparable work experience)
•Minimum of four years experience in direct or e-commerce environment
•Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
•Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
•Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas.
•Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, perform in fast-paced environment and maintain focus while anticipating and reacting to shifting priorities and changes in business.