New York New York, NY 10018
Title of Job: CAD Designer
Company Description: Well known dress manufacturer
In a team centered environment, the CAD Designer executes original artwork for apparel design for the company's brands. Uses various CAD programs, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator to design and recolor prints, placement prints, and engravings. Collaborates with the design manager to execute artwork and prioritize projects to coincide with the department's seasonal deadlines.
- Uses technical and creative knowledge and ability to execute finished, CAD artwork projects based on the direction and needs of the Design Manager
- Uses resources such as Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator to design and recolor prints/repeats, placement prints, and engravings.Prepares completed, production ready artwork package in a timely manner based on the product type
- Organizes materials and prioritizes projects based on the department's deadlines
- Responsible for sending artwork to mills and communicating, and following up on packages direct with mills.
- 5 Years experience Apparel/Textile CAD Design preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Strong graphic design, illustration, print development capabilities
- Excellent color matching skills required
- Ability to take direction and handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Please be prepared to bring a portfolio if you are contacted for an interview
- Heavy experience on florarls