. New York, NY 10012
Company Description: edgy luxury ready-to-wear + accessories designer brand
Location: New York, NY
- Work on the Buying Team to help execute strategy across the North American region for women's accessories specifically for leather goods.
- Respect the global strategy in accurately representing the collection whilst ensuring this satisfies market demands for your current region.
- Analyze and report on product and collection results based on store sales per market location.
- Collate regular feedback from in-store teams in order to help shape the total season assortment based on the expert knowledge from each store and market.
- Contribute towards the effective management of the open-to-buy budget regularly presenting results to senior-level buyers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of stock rebalancing, identifying strategic opportunities, and presenting to the Head Buyer.
- Manage stock changes/movements relating to specific customer requests and effectively manage the special order process.
- Support the Head Buyer with in store product training, including refresher training and one-to-one coaching to drive retail excellence
- Implement and run reporting and analysis to closely monitor daily, weekly and monthly sales within your region, deep-diving into category or sizing where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Min. of 4-6+ years of buying and merchandising experience working for either a luxury designer brand or multi-line retailer.
- Extensive local market/ regional knowledge gained from a similar buying or merchandising role in a luxury space.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in leather goods is a plus!
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, with a high-level of attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, personable with proven experience in developing close partners with store teams.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage complexity.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of product sensitivity to your category.
- Travel required as needed.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Discretionary Bonus Potential
- Excellent Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan + Matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off + Observed Company Holidays
- Product Gratis + Employee Discounts