Title of Job: Business Development Director- China
Company Description: Fashion E-Commerce Startup specializing in luxury pre-owned handbags
Location: New York, NY
Key role: Generate & acquire B2B sourcing channels from Mainland China & Hong Kong to procure preowned luxury handbags. The Director of Business of Development China will:
- Research and identify potential resale companies located in Mainland China that have large to medium volumes of preowned luxury handbags
- Outreach and connect with leads until conversion?
- Create efficient & effective lead generation processes to increase reselling base
- Partner with VP of Business Development to improve complex international logistics processes and to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Host calls and/or meetings with businesses to activate and maintain client relationships ?
- Brainstorm creative ways to target new businesses
- Ultimately drive numbers for purchasing luxury handbags
We are looking for candidates who are fluent in Chinese and with management and luxury fashion experience in sales and/or business development and have a knowledge of the luxury resale market. Candidates should align with our positive corporate culture and be self-motivated, results-driven and entrepreneurial- minded.
- 6+ years experience in sales and/or business development in luxury fashion ?
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Fluent in Chinese
- Strong hunter in customer-centered sales with a desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to develop new business through prospecting
- Previous client base in similar field or face to face outside sales environment ?
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain productive relationships with key prospects
- Ability to multitask and change direction in ever changing startup environment ?
- Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills ?
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills ?
- Deep understanding of the luxury goods fashion industry and the key players involved?
- Knowledge of the luxury resale market (particularly handbags) ?