Brand Marketing & Communications Director
1407 Broadway 3rd Floor New York, NY 10018
Job Title: Director of Brand Marketing and Communications
Location: New York, New York
Company Description: Well known footwear and accessories brand with a global reach.
- Develops and executes marketing programs that drives brand awareness, aligns with industry trends and considers business needs.
- Leads relationship with partner teams to ensure alignment is met, architecting strategic and creative roadmaps and marketing plans that reflect each brand’s proposition and distribution.
- Develops and maintains relationships with senior level media contacts. Leverages media relationships across online, print, and broadcast to expand brand’s footprint and reach new audiences.
- Partners with Digital, Ecommerce and Retail teams to ensure all messaging efforts are consistent and amplification options are considered.
- Leads outreach for features, interview opportunities, VIP coverage and oversees competitive industry pitches to distinguish brand in the marketplace.
- Directs public relations team and leads mentorship: strategic calendars, development of brand-specific news-worthy angles, trend pitches, generating category interest.
- Analyzes press reach achieved, including key reports to team leaders, maintaining expertise on trends and tactics for continued improvement.
- Advises team on creative contact list generation to ensure maximum opportunity for brand awareness, interest and coverage.
- Oversees all brand and communication materials, working in partnership with brand owners, copy team, and partners when relevant.
- Reviews weekly sales reports to inform proactive and reactive communications and marketing strategies.
- Works closely with all departments and partners to review product, key features and styles to ensure the brand team is well-versed and prepared to deliver maximum category exposure and growth. Summarizes relevant data for all internal and external teams to consider.
- Identifies and manages advertising programs, including appropriate metric opportunities to evaluate performance. Responsible for establishing industry expertise and partnering with all teams to ensure marketing programs and budgets are spent wisely and efficiently.
- Partners with Director of Digital Content to review marketing coop programs, considering each retailer’s customer and landscape, advertising, content, brand ambassadors and more.
- Manage VIP programming and external VIP agency, including product, brand programs and events and entertainment media coverage.
- Concept and lead production of VIP and entertainment-focused events.
- Plays a lead role in corporate and industry events and associated planning.
- Researches and leads brand-building opportunities for consideration: media, industry, national, regional, collaborations, retail, etc. Oversees reporting metrics for all those events and activations executed.
- Leads and supports company partner teams’ communications and marketing process and efforts.