Associate Technical Designer/ Technical Designer
New York New York, New York 10018
Title: Associate Technical Designer/ Technical Designer
Company: Direct to Consumer Plus Size Brand
Responsibilities: Responsible for assisting and developing the technical components for specific products from sketch handoff, fit approval to final pre-production approval, and development of tech packs. This position will work in collaboration with the Creative Director and Director of Production.
- Spec all samples
- Sketch all flats in illustrator once design inspiration has been passed from Creative Director.
- Manage product categories once assigned
- Assist in running, note taking and prepping for all fittings
- Develop tech packs including BOMs, construction details, spec, grading.
- Implement grading rules developed by Universal Standard
- Organize fittings, book fit models
- Write fit comments
- Manage sample filling system
- Monitor calendar to meet key milestones and deadlines through the department process.
- Ensure the consistency, accuracy, and completeness of the tech packs.
- Oversee the preparation of samples and documentation during fit sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or technical design.
- Minimum 2/3 years of experience in technical design.
- Strong knowledge of apparel fitting, illustrator sketching, specing.
- Ability to work independently and work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel skills.