Associate Men's Sportswear Designer
1888 Rosecrans Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Title: Associate Men's Sportswear Designer
Company: Well-known denim and lifestyle brand
Location: Los Angeles
As the Associate Men’s Sportswear Designer, you will contribute to the interpretation of concepts through style, wash and fabric from sketches to final product for the Men’s Sportswear division. You will work with cross functional teams from conception through to execution. You must be passionate about men's sportswear and on top of the trends!
- Sketches into a Good/Better/Best product range
- Partners with the Senior Designer to slot fabrics, washes and/or colors into bodies
- Creates, manages and distributes the seasonal working line sheet in preparation for cross-functional milestone meetings including Sketch Review with merchants and Sketch Download with PD/Production/Tech.
- Selects trim, hardware and thread combos
- Creates design detail diagrams and pattern cards for their product to ensure accurate Proto sample making.
- Partners with the Designer to download the seasonal wash direction to PD for Proto sample making and production.
- Attends all fittings
- Initiates style setup & completes BOM setup in Full Circle.
- Supports the Senior Designer with Hand & Illustrator sketching.
- Issues in-house cut tickets to Pattern dept
- Communicates with mills
- Minimum of 3 years experience and exposure to men’s sportswear design.
- Understanding of fabrics, finishes, details, trims, fit and construction.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign.
- Experience in PLM or webPDM programs: Full Circle or similar tech pack software preferred.