Title of Job: Associate Director, FP&A- Cost
Company Description: world's leading meal kit provider
Location: New York City
- Establish and execute a state-of-the-art forecast process by working with functional leaders and business unit owners to estimate financial results based on future action plans and business assumptions.
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present findings to leadership.
- Develop methodologies, dashboards, and models for lines of business budgeting and reporting.
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, process improvement programs, and research of various industry/company trends
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of new business opportunities on our business plan and long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management.
- Build rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics, and spend efficiency, leveraging existing infrastructure as appropriate and creating new capabilities as required.
- Partner with Business Operations, Operations, & Tech teams on multiple initiatives and projects and ?ensure consistent, clear messages are delivered to various stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to automate and streamline reporting process.
- A critical thinker—Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Enterprising— Seek to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure.
- Driven for Results— Push projects to completion with a sense of urgency. Focus
activities that have tangible business outcomes.
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and planning, preferably at a business with global footprint.
- Ability to interact across departmental divisions and integrate/collaborate with them to effectively operate the businesses.
- Cost controlling experience, must well versed in managing functional budgets, analyzing cost-to-actual differences, potential savings and has experience leading the (functional) budgeting process
- High proficiency in financial analysis methods and concepts to prepare forecasts, cash flows and perform analyses.
- In-depth experience with leading planning, budgeting, and forecasting solutions.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- BA/BS from a top university / college required. MBA is a plus.