New York New York, NY 10018
Title: Assistant/Associate designer
Company: well known dress company
Job description: Seeking an associate designer who will work under the head designer and assist with preparing the designs for tech packs, all assistant work and also adding design to the collection for dresses.
- Research and develop fabrics, trims and raw materials
- Organize and maintain samples & boards for each season.
- Assists designer in all aspects of product design; including boards, approvals, samples, presentations, vendor
- Create Illustrator flats based off of concepts created by the design team
- Create tech packs, BOMS and line sheets for production
- Approve lab dips and strike offs
- Bachelors degree in Fashion Design
- 2 to 3 years of experience with dresses
- Ability to multitask and work in different projects
- Good Hand sketching experience
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Web PDM, Word and Outlook.
- Strong creative, organizational, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills.