New York New York, NY 10001
Job Title: Associate Buyer
Location: New York, NY
- Write all orders for areas of responsibility
- Assist the Buyer with the development of merchandise assortments, sales, and inventory plans for assigned merchandise departments
- Analyze sales reporting on a weekly basis, proactively reacting to optimize sales and minimize risks
- Determine assortment needs for each market and make recommendations based on specific business trends.
- Manage inventory levels between stores and divisions, via transfers, allocations, and/or consolidations
- Use reporting to develop an in depth understanding of product performance and customer base, develop action plans by category.
- Communicate regularly with stores on product feedback and missed opportunities
- Prepare detailed weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales analyses based on history, current trends and market forecasts.
- Work closely with planning on vendor and department level plans/projections
- Work closely with stores and respond to their specific requests
- Establish positive business relationships with vendors
- Partner with Buyer on reviewing sales and inventory targets by door and classification plans to meet financial goals.
- Remain informed of fashion/trends and apply knowledge to assortment and promotional plans.
- 3-4 years’ experience in buying/merchandising, preferably in RTW
- Very strong retail math, oral, and communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the RTW market within advanced contemporary/luxury retail
- Foreign language is a plus
Salary: $70-80K depending on experience