Assistant Swimwear Designer
New York New York, New York 10011
Job Title: Assistant Swimwear Designer
Description: To assist in the creative execution of Womens & Mens swimwear
Location: New York, New York (10011)
- Work closely with Design Director to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and silhouettes.
- Generate tech packs and update them with fit comments and BOM updates
- Work with graphic designer to generate linesheets
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the Design Director
- Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in partnership with the Design Coordinator.
- Manage development and execution of trim packages.
- Set up spec sheets for all bodies. Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Design department. Complete all technical sketches for men’s & women’s swimwear
- 2+ years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- Strong illustration skills
- Knowledge in Apparel Magic or similar production software
- Technical sketching ability (flat and illustration)
- Working knowledge of garment construction and trim
- Garment measurement and specification experience
- Excellent sense of fabric construction as well as color, print, and pattern
- Self directed team player, multi-tasking abilities
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel