Assistant Swimwear Designer
108 W 39th St New York, New York 10018
Title: Assistant Swimwear Designer
Location: New York, NY
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist designers with the trim and fabric library, color pallets, detail sheets, and sketching.
· Research the market and collaborate with designer on seasonal trends – create trend boards.
· Attend and assist in design meetings, proto reviews, and line reviews.
· Execute organized and accurate technical development packages that include construction details, sketches, fabrications, trims, print, and color details.
· Assist in preparations for product presentations and market week.
· Manage day to day projects including filing and organizing.
· Must have 1-2 years’ experience in swimwear design (strong internships accepted)
· Fashion degree preferred
· Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, & Microsoft Excel
· Positive attitude and team player
· Excellent communication and follow-up skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, strong organizational skills and attention to detail