Assistant Store Manager
New York City New York City, New York 10010
Title of Job: Assistant Store Manager
Company Description: Luxury Ice Cream Brand
Location: New York City, NY
As an Assistant Store Manager you will work alongside your team to execute flawless service. You will run the business by managing store operations, driving financial success, building and leading great teams, while creating an authentic experience. You will take direct responsibility scheduling and team member training/ development.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to store manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the brand experience during each shift.
- Prepare the team schedules, administration and planning to business needs.
- Support the development of associates’ sales techniques, ensuring the team is knowledgeable about all products, quality standards and operating procedures.
- Positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on team member performance during shift.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve team performance.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ year’s prior professional experience in HIGH VOLUME retail/ restaurant environment including experience in leading people.
- Strong communication, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.