Assistant Operations Manager
Tysons Corner McLean, VA 22102
Title: Assistant General Manager, Operations
Company Description: Luxury Lifestyle Outerwear + Sportswear Brand
- Manages, recruits, on-boards, and trains the store's team.
- Develops teams in brand, fashion and product knowledge, customer service skills and leadership skills.
- Provides succession planning for all staff and management team in the store.
- Follows up with management team to ensure proper training and staff assessment is being completed.
- Creates and acts on plans for future people development needs.
- Maintains an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive and motivating work environment.
- Actively works with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, steaming, displaying and merchandising per company guidelines to maximize selling opportunities.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of concepts.
- Maximizes sales through joint operational and commercial focus and takes action to obtain highest level of profitability for the store.
- Manages and ensures stock level is appropriate to maximize selling.
- Responsible for pushes of high priority garments when necessary by communicating with the merchandising team.
- Ensures the garment presentation, garment level and visual standards are presented according to company's expectations.
- Ensures and follows up on all activities concerning events, promotions and sales activities in his/her store.
- Performs cash office operational functions.
- Ensures proper staff planning according to budget and needs.
- Establishes, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets with company's Area Team to optimize profit.
- Executes reductions, price changes, and transfers.
- Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags.
- Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantees employee and customer safety.
- Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in stores.
- Provides direct customer service on the sales floor.
- Leads by example mentoring staff in providing high quality direct and indirect customer service on the shop floor, in the fitting room and at the cash desk.
- Rings on the register, reports and handles all required transactions, issues receipts and packs merchandise.
- Establishes and oversees plans, budgets and variable costs for store; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability with the area team.
- Accurate recording of sales figures.
- Min. of 5+ years of fashion retail management experience in a luxury or advanced contemporary setting; experience with outerwear, sportswear, or lifestyle brands is a plus!
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs at a time; ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull, and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills.
- Consistently shows ability to be sales driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store results and working to improve P&L.
- Strong garment presentation skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge.
- Ability to take own initiative and take responsibility for actions.
- Ability to work strategically, tactically and operationally.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to be clear and convincing when communicating goals, information and expectations to staff.
- Ability to plan and achieve long and short term goals.
- Ability to coach and apply appropriate developmental tool for each individual.
- Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed.
- Open availability including evenings and weekends.