Assistant Nurse Manager, Pediatrics
. Oakland, CA 94501
Title: Assistant Nurse Manager, Pediatrics
Location: Oakland, CA
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Employment Status: Regular
Shift: Day Time
- Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards.
- Supervises the day to day shift activities.
- Manages the units' day-to-day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development.
- Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care, and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient and family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License + Certification Requirements:
- Current California RN License by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.
- May require a National Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire
License + Certifications Preferred:
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field preferred.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off + Observed Holidays
- Additional Benefits