New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Assistant Manager
Company Description: Luxury Ice Cream Brand
Location: New York City
As an Assistant Store Manager you will work alongside your team to execute flawless service. You will run the business by managing store operations, driving financial success, building and leading great teams, while creating an authentic gelateria experience. You will take direct responsibility scheduling and team member training/ development.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of the brand.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Prepare the team schedules, administration and planning to business needs.
- Support the development of associates’ sales techniques, ensuring the team is knowledgeable about all products, quality standards and operating procedures.
- Positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve team performance.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Provides quality products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Food handling and food safety experience including food hygiene and health & safety certificates where required by local legislation is PREFERRED, not a must.
- 3+ year’s prior professional experience in retail/ restaurant environment including experience in leading people.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize tasks in a high volume environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be available to work day, nights, weekends, and holiday hours.