Assistant Designer - Cold Weather
108 west 39th street new york, New York 10018
Title: Assistant Designer- Cold Weather
Company: Well-known Accessories Company
- Work with the Design Director and Designer to establish concepts, color and product direction for each season.
- Assist in set up and presentation of concepts/artwork/samples to committee for approval.
- Assist Designer in preparing tech packs, sketches and updating tech packs as necessary
- Collaborate with Product Development Manager on pricing & development and communicate with overseas mills
- Inquire and develop with resources new fabrications, trims, and/or novelties as it relates to your lines. Secure all pertinent information i.e. price, minimum, delivery.
- Assist in setup and presentation to committee or sales team, as well as to correctly present ideas to team.
- Assist in design and merchandise lines with the approval of Management.
- Work with Designer and Design Director to select designs to support merchandising plan within each concept for each product line.
- Enter details into PLM
- Work with Artists / Studios to develop Layouts and/or design original ideas.
- Work with Designer to pitch all colorways for designs and work with Design Director on colorways.
- Assist Designer in presenting completed samples (including original art, layout, and colorways) to Managing Director and Design Director for final approval.
- Prepare designs (color, detailed specs, and fabric instructions) to send to factory.
- Communicate continually with mills on direction and/or inquiries for your line.
- Review samples, discuss with the Designer and make any correctors prior to having them presented to the committee.
- Communicate all changes directly to factory.
- Work with Creative Services to photograph all lines for design/.com
- Assist in presenting line to Sales division prior to markets.
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Textile or Fashion Design with knowledge of knitwear design, loom work, etc.
- Strong communication and team skills with the ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organization abilities with attention to detail and follow through
- Proficiency on Adobe Suite, working knowledge of Kaleido preferred.