Assistant Designer, Boys Knits
New York, New York 10012
Position: To work with Knits Designer and Knits Design team on all aspects of boyswear design and development.
- Participate in seasonal concept walk-through’s
- Assist in creating seasonal knits design boards, color ups, & stats
- Assist in developing seasonal color story templates
- Work with Design team to prepare fabric and wash developments for cut-and-sew knits, prints, and solid fabrications.
- Work with Design team to prepare print packages, sketch development, and spec packages (fabric cards/trim cards) for complete hand-off to product development.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing design area including: seasonal design books, thread library charts, design line sheets, and boys PLM templates and update sketch library.
- Seasonal Artwork: prepare seasonal graphic artwork layouts and pitch sheets including embroidery artwork packages.
- Participate and assist in weekly fittings
- Assist in trim and submit follow up.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and tight-turnaround times
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Related Field or Equivalent work
- 3months-1yr internship or experience
- Must have excellent flat sketching and illustration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word), Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be a self-starter and proactive to seek guidance
- Must be a team player