New York New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Area Manager
*Open to a Store Manager ready for the next step
Company Description: Luxury Fashion Brand
Location: New York City
- Analyze business trends and create plans to increase sales, and control expenses to drive overall profitability within district.
- Plan and manage time to ensure all operational deadlines are achieved.
- Supervise boutiques to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation.
- Thoroughly learn and understand corporate and regional initiatives, ensuring consistent and accurate execution in boutiques.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, motivate and direct behavior of all boutique level personnel.
- Provide positive resolutions to feedback and complaints from customers.
- Consider the guest in all decision making.
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop associate potential.
- Assess performance, assist with and deliver formal performance evaluations.
- Administer corrective actions as needed, up to and including terminations.
- Understand and translate visual directives and inspirational communication.
- Ensure boutiques adhere to company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization.
- Develop partnerships with corporate management to pursue and generate marketing opportunities to build the brand.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a district or market in specialty retail required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity in all interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent organization skills; ability to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Proactive and creative problem solving ability
- Ability to consistently travel to boutiques within a geographical area
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays