Title: Accounts Receivable Analyst
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Company: Footwear company
- Process and apply payments – check, credit card, ACH, EFT and wire transfer.
- Ensure cash application accuracy and efficiency by performing accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Send monthly statement to outstanding customers with past due invoices.
- Review weekly accounts receivable aging report to ascertain potential risk associated with delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for the management of account transactions in support of the receivables process, including establishing and maintaining account reconciliations.
- Collection calls and / or correspondence with delinquent customers.
- Research and resolve outstanding balances due.
- Reduce delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Work with Sales team and customer to resolve disputes and/or discrepancies on accounts.
- Handle chargeback reconciliations and related deductions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with customers.
- Escalate unresolved customer account issues when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Provide detailed updates to management on the status of top customer account balances, including collection efforts taken, customer correspondence and proposed resolution strategy.
- Retain detailed and accurate collection activity records including customer correspondence.
- Work on customer’s portal(s) to obtain remittance files to apply payments and file any disputes with the customers.
- Assist with month end duties as needed.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or work experience equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience of accounts receivable collections experience or related role.
- Prior experience with US and Canada big box customers a big plus – Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Saks, Amazon, etc.
- Strong analytical skillset and attention to detail.
- Results driven and team player.
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to strong customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with SAP is a plus.
Salary: Dependent on experience.