x Los Angeles, CA 90232
Company Description: Fashion brand
Location: Los Angeles, California
- Manage the preparation / review of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials and management reporting packages
- Maintain general ledger structure, continuously optimizing accounting processes
- Assess, research and document appropriate US GAAP treatment for various transactions within the business
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit
- Identify and drive process improvement or other projects
- Collections responsibilities for both international and domestic clients as follows:
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Get support from other team members within the organization to expedite collections for slow pay customers.
- Responsible for approving and holding orders and managing credit limits for customers.
- Receive and manage AP material through centralized email system
- Manage acceptance of new vendor process with related W9 and wire instructions and upload the information to QuickBooks and support submission of 1099s.
- File soft copy of invoices and AP related material.
- Input/validate invoices in QuickBooks.
- Match pre-approved purchasing orders (PO) in ERP system against actual invoices and reconcile.
- Support other accounts payable responsibilities such as credit cards recording.
- Apply and post cash transactions to open AR and open AP.
- Support forecasting/budgeting process as needed.
- Preparation of cash reconciliations.
- Support accounting department in various month-end close processes such as preparation of accounting, preparation of account reconciliations and posting of journal entries.
- B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a retail environment preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP including new pronouncements
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Experience with Quickbooks and ERP systems such as Netsuite