Account Manager, Beauty
545 West 25th Street New York, NY 10001
Company: Luxury PR agency
Location: New York, New York
Title: Account Manager, Beauty
- Prepare agendas and media updates for client calls.
- Contribute to the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information.
- Direct efforts of assistants and interns and assist in training new team members at the assistant and coordinator level.
- Maintain ongoing, mid-level contact with key beauty editors at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
- In partnership with events team contribute to development and execution of events, interface with outside vendors and ensure events deliver on key client objectives.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch relevant story ideas that support client brand strategy.
- Draft PR materials.
- Track expenses and assist in managing budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of client invoices.
- Ensure proper management of sample inventory including product ordering and replenishment.
- Strong communications skillsand interest in continued growth in this area
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 4 years in beauty PR
- Must have an understanding of and passion for the beauty industry, interest in fashion trends and pop culture
- Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Commitment to excellence in all aspects of the role – visual presentation, brand knowledge, relationships with media and clients, mentoring.