Company: Well known, luxury PR agency
Title: Account Director, Beauty
Location: New York, New York
- Work closely with clients to develop compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness and purchase behavior.
- Maintain strong relationships with key beauty editors at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
- Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch editors relevant story ideas that both align with their editorial focus and support client brand strategy.
- Develop, write and edit PR materials
- Manage the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information.
- Develop outreach strategy for television press, including media training and spokesperson management.
- Manage budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of all invoices.
- Ensure sample ordering and replenishment is properly managed.
- Manage PR activities for clients participating in NYFW including editor outreach, backstage interview, trend reports, etc.
- Partner with events team and outside vendors to ensure seamless execution of brand vision and deliverables.
- Ensure positive communication with clients and international offices
- Participate in client meetings and calls
- Engage in department and agency initiatives as needed
- Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging.
- Able to drive both internal and external communications when needed
- Acquire knowledge and skills to work with Fashion GPS within all relevant areas (sample beauty trafficking, gifting, events, database)
- Potential international travel (not guaranteed)
- Must have an understanding of the cosmetic industry, fashion trends and pop culture
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 5 years related experience
- Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms (Facebook Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, FourSquare, etc.)
- Strong communications skills, excellent writer and editor, confident presenter; experience pitching television a plus
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Highly organizational with strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus.
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organisational skills – together with the Vice President to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of Coordinator, and Assistant
- A responsive and understanding approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Able to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS