347 west 36th street, suite #501 New York, NY 10018
Title: Accessories Designer
Company Description: contemporary accessories brand
- Responsible for the design of all creative product for brand
- Responsible for the management of the design team.
- Set a unified creative direction of all seasonal concepts in collaboration. Design in a responsible manner in relation to both cost and house codes.
- Create a seasonal design calendar to ensure timely delivery of design samples for all product categories; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Responsible for managing the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and coordinating the timely execution of each stage in the process.
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure; execute original concepts according to sales needs and emerging trends
- Research and identify trend directions; select and review raw materials, fabrics, and trim, and design original prints and trims as needed.
- Create CADs, pattern layouts, development tech packs, commenting, embellishment artworks using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, digital photos; ensure maintenance and organization of designs in the shared drives and organization and maintenance of fabric/trim library.
- Responsible for managing sample production process to include design sample and clean hand off to production. In concert with production, review/approve counter samples, PP and TOP samples.
- Work with the Sales, PR & Web teams on the creative for branding, photoshoots, marketing materials, packaging, and website.
- Travel domestically and overseas as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, in Accessories Design, Fashion Design, or other related field
- 3-5 years of paid working experience in Accessories Design or Fashion Design. Accessories experience, particularly with handbags and also hats, is preferred. Fashion/luxury brand experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Excel
- Must possess a strong luxury fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends into on-brand original concepts
- Extensive knowledge of accessory construction, silhouettes, materials, sewing techniques, knitting, weaving, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing.
- Proven ability to sketch, spec, drape, design original embroidery and embellishment, and communicate ideas clearly
- Experience with Tech Packs, and ability to create original artwork
- Strong ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Superior organizational skills; excellent follow-up
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative