Los Angeles Los Angeles, California 90012
Title: Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Manager
Company:Contemporary Fashion Brand
Location: Los Angeles, California
- Manages AP/AR process from start to finish spotting areas of improvement where needed
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays AP vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Posts customer AR payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Work with factor to provide with open/uncollected payments
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Process Payroll for employees
- Help to reconcile inter-company accounts
- Month end bank reconciliations
- Prepare NY & CA sales tax return for E commerce sales
- Microsoft Office Skills
Salary: Up to 65K depending on experience